Site Network: Home | Profile | Contact me | Blogger

 

There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson Children are one third of our population and all of our future. ~Select Panel for the Promotion of Child Health, 1981

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Jacob With A Bear

Wow, I can't get over how long it has been since I posted on Jacob's Blog. My last post was Jacob's pre-school graduation, and he just had his first day back to pre-school yesterday! Where does the time go?! He was thrilled to get back, and remembered everything and everyone. He was to enthralled with everything to even notice when I said "good bye" and left. What I like about pre-school is that he can enjoy time spent with other children his age, learn from them, how to share, and ultimately have a good time....so mommy can have some free time to get things done. Then, by the time I pick him up he is SO tired he sleeps sometimes 2-3 hours when he gets home for his nap! It's awesome :)

“That’s funny!” - Lately Jacob has been calling everything funny! It makes me smile.

“Who is it?”

“Oh no!”

“Eeew eeee, yucky”

“Bye dude.” - Off of the movie Finding Nemo when they leave the turtles.

“Wov oo.” - I love you.

“Alright then.”

“Welcome.” - That's his way of saying you're welcome after I say thank you.

“Please, data.” - He always says please and thank you after everything. It is always both together so his thank you sounds like data.

“Moo-me.” - Even when he walks by the cat he will say excuse me. He taught himself that one lol.

“Where did it go?”

“Mommy, Daddy hug and kiss.” - Every night we read to Jacob before bed. It is a good way for us to spend time together and wind down. Then we give our 'tuck-ins' with hugs and kisses. He HAS to have both. I love when he asks for hugs.

“Color Thomas, Percy Choo choo.” - I recently bought Jacob a Thomas The Train Coloring Book that he is addicted to! All he wants to do throughout the day is color with anyone who is around. Lately it has been Anne or Lucci. They are so great with him and even when Jacob could be considered a 'bother' they still spend a lot of time with him.

“Swimming boat moobe (movie) - That is what he calls The Little Mermaid :) He loves that movie and even sings with Ariel. lol

Jacob has been talking up a storm lately and finally, now that I have a chance to write down some of what he has been saying, I can’t for the life of me remember them. I was looking at a baby development site and it said that for children his age, they should be putting one – two word sentences together. He has been doing this for ages. There are many times throughout the day that he will even surprise me with 4-6 word sentences…..but of course I can’t think of any right now lol. Hopefully, I will start writing down more of Jacob's words and development. It is amazing how easy it is to forget all the little details. Because I know there are many more I could write but I just can't remember - arg!
~
* The above picture was taken at the Wild Life Park. The bears are usually WAY back in the field, but that day I was actually able to get a picture of my youngest sister Rachael and Jacob with the bear right behind them. If you look close enough, you can see the bears brown nose and big black body.

posted by Ryan @ 6:03 AM,

4 Comments:

At Sep 26, 2007, 6:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great that he eased back into pre-school easily! Love all the words & phrases he's saying now~~TOO CUTE!!!! The last couple days, I've been writng down everything that Kendall's saying now & plan to do a post of everything he's saying (grat minds think alike, huh?) :) It's so cute & funny the things toddlers come up w/to say, isn't it? Jacob is such a cute, loving, sweet little boy! Tell him "blogger Aunt Connie" says hello & give him a BIG hug from me :)

 
At Sep 27, 2007, 6:52:00 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

oh my!! He is getting sooo big! I am glad tha the made the transition so easy!! What a big boy!

 
At Sep 28, 2007, 11:23:00 PM, Blogger VICTORIA said...

Ahh! My son is not the only boy that loves The Little Mermaid!

 
At Sep 30, 2007, 2:56:00 AM, Blogger heiresschild said...

i have truly enjoyed reading about jacob. he's very smart. i love how he and other little children pronounce certain words. cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home