Site Network: Home | Profile | Contact me | Blogger

 

There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson Children are one third of our population and all of our future. ~Select Panel for the Promotion of Child Health, 1981

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

PJ's




Yesterday we got a package in the mail from Grammie G & Papa. There were chocolates, news paper clippings, notes, as well as the hand made PJ’S that she made HAND MADE sewing. I just love all the detail that went into it. There is a little embossed Scottie dog in the front, and the front of the pants has a “zipper” look to it. The blue in it is made of sweat pant material. It is just wonderful! It is nice and warm for winter as well. She sure has a gift. Even the quality is better than anything you can get in the stores. Plus it is extra special because it was made by Grammie G. Thank you for the beautiful package Mom & Dad! We were both very teared up when we opened it. The other 2 items that she put in the package were 2 home made “magic bags” …you know the ones that you heat up in the microwave? We LOVE our heating bags :) I will probably use one tonight while relaxing with Ryan. I know the pictures turned out quite dark, my camera has been taking pictures like that lately.....I really hope I don't have to invest in a new one. I can't live without it, but these dark pictures are really not good enough.

posted by Ryan @ 8:28 AM,

5 Comments:

At Feb 27, 2007, 10:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What precious pjs! MY grandma (Annika's great-grandma) is an amazing seamstress. She made Annika a beautiful quilt, which both Annika and I will treasure always! Those are the best gifts! I also LOVE that picture of Jacob and Ryan on the right side of Jacob's blog...so sweet!

 
At Feb 28, 2007, 5:33:00 AM, Blogger Shanilie said...

Hi Erica. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I just love the home made quilts. I am in love with Jacob's. Treasured keepsake. It is wonderful to have someone in the family who can do things like that. I recently got a sewing machine, but I would have to take lessons or something before I ever knew how to use it. I am ok when it is all set up and threaded, but after that I am at a loss.

 
At Mar 2, 2007, 4:00:00 AM, Blogger Devoted Mama said...

Aww, he's so cute in his new pj's~how special that she hand made them herself~that's something to really treasure :)

 
At Mar 2, 2007, 5:19:00 AM, Blogger Shanilie said...

Thank you Connie. I am glad to have little treasured keepsakes. Grammie G. puts a lot of effort and heart into everything she makes. I am glad that she can use her gifts to show her love to her family.

 
At Mar 10, 2007, 4:08:00 PM, Blogger heiresschild said...

aaah, i know about those "grandmother" packages. i send them all of the time. what a beautiful gift, and the fact that it was made by your mother makes the gift extra special.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home